Here are some ideas for a good healthy breakfast. The whole family enjoys pancakes, so why not make them fresh and from scratch, ensuring you know the ingredients added.
Try and Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes, Banana Walnut Cinnamon Protein Pancakes and Blueberry Lemon Protein Pancakes.
Makes 8 pancakes ~ Serving size 2 pancakes
- 3 eggs (2 egg whites + 1 egg)
- ¼ cup unsweetened rice milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (dry uncooked)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. honey (preferably raw)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (whey or plant)
- 1 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil
1. Place all ingredients in a blender (except coconut oil) and blend until smooth.
2. Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil to pan. When it melts and is hot, ladle 2 Tbsp. of batter onto the griddle. Let cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until light golden color develops on bottom; flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Add 5 dark chocolate chips on top of each pancake. Let cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until light golden color develops on bottom; flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Banana Walnut Cinnamon Pancakes
Add 4 slices of bananas, 1 tsp. walnut pieces and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of each pancake. Let cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until light golden color develops on bottom; flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
Add zest of 1 lemon and 1 cup blueberries to the batter and mix well before ladling onto the griddle.
Nutrition is key in achieving your fitness goals!
Train Hard & Stay Focused.